Thursday, April 17, 2014
Wednesday, April 16, 2014
Tuesday, April 15, 2014
"WHEN YOU ARE EIGHTY YEARS OLD, AND IN A QUIET MOMENT OF REFLECTION NARRATING ONLY FOR YOURSELF THE MOST PERSONAL VERSION OF YOUR LIFE STORY, THE TELLING THAT WILL BE MOST COMPACT AND MEANINGFUL WILL BE THE SERIES OF CHOICES YOU HAVE MADE. IN THE END, WE ARE OUR CHOICES."
- JEFF BEZOS, commencement speech at princeton university, may 2010
Monday, April 14, 2014
Sunday, April 13, 2014
Saturday, April 12, 2014
Thursday, April 10, 2014
Swimming in a cenote cave with Luca and a crew of the most magical people I've had the pleasure of knowing.
It's been about 2 full months that I've been meditating daily. Each time I do, I come out of with a new image stuck in my mind. That day, centoe swimming, bat watching, coconut drinking, it was the definition of epic. It has brought me so much composure and light and clarity and as I came out of my meditation the other day, I realized just how lucky I was to have had such a powerful experience. That day. It was grand, from sunrise to sunrise. 24 full hours. Plus.
Wednesday, April 9, 2014
Luca is happiest when his mind is going a million miles per hour on a project with friends. He slept a solid 12 hours after this adventure. The good life.
Tuesday, April 8, 2014
Sit back, relax. Write 5 things that happened today that you're most grateful for. Write it in an email. Send it to yourself. Send it to your best friend. Save it in your drafts. Just make sure you come up with 5 things. You'll be happier you did.
1. The music on set today, specifically the song aimed at me.
2. Finding someone to help me with Luca last second after my nanny got sick.
3. Leaving with in time to pick up Luca from school.
4. My friends mom is feeling better (fingers crossed it continues).
5. I got to chat with one of my sweetest friends who hung with Luca and I (and helped make the most beautiful Easter eggs with us).