Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Up, wide awake

It's 4:30am. I've been awake for hours trying not to be.
Why is it that when you are the most tired you have the most trouble
falling asleep? Your brain immediately starts to fill with thoughts so
far from anything you wish to think about but there's no stopping it.
I've been staring out the window and in actually quite amazed at the
number of stars one can see in the NYC sky. There's a red haze but
every once in a while there's a small clearing and you can spot these
little stars glimmering.
And then there are the number of apartments where other people are up
- watching tv, on their computer, painting at sva, drinking at their
sink. I wonder if any of them are (pretending to) patiently wait to go
into labor as well?

2 comments:

  1. I would like to email a picture for your blog, how can I email you?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails