Monday, August 30, 2010

la vie

image by elizabeth weinberg
This past weekend something really good happened to me. I was at a party, I was surrounded by friends. Perhaps it was a result of feeling summery, my hair was down, my skin mocha, my feet still sandy. But the music was playing and my heart was at ease and I just let go. It was all gone. All the angst. All of that complicated shit I tend to hold on to. All the past nonsense that hurts my heart to think about. It was taken away and I felt free. Like I could see my 25 year old self again and she was dancing with her head thrown back as if no one in the world was watching. Smiling. Giggling. Spinning.
That, my friends, is what I love about life.
How one moment SNAP! It's fresh again. The pains and the reality and the cheating and the mistakes and the duties and the endless stuff that keeps you up at night, GONE. And it's you in your head with only good thoughts and gratefulness to the universe for keeping you healthy and alive and bringing you to that very moment. There's no wishing at that moment. For it is what it is and what it is, is grand. It's life. Real life, living in the moment. There's no wishing you were elsewhere or someone new or wearing something else. You. You. You.

And as my world settled, my skin sweaty, my hair a mess, my feet pained from dancing, I realized how vital it is to take those moments away with you. Take them to a quiet place and say thanks for them. See them and who you are now from them and just be. Life is so full of starry moments like that. I hope to see the twinkle more often.

2 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful post and just what I needed to read. Yhank you for the reminder! =) Those moments are truly wonderful!

    x x x x liv

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh nic! what a way with words! u really put it well cuz we all need a lil reminder once-in-a-while. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails