Saturday, November 27, 2010

a different kind of New York




I'm not one for musicals, and I'm especially not keen on Christina Aguilera. But the previews and billboards all over for the new movie Burlesque have me a bit curious. Found these old photos of New York, back in the day when it was "the burlesque capital of the world" - which makes me yearn for a more fascinating time in history. And a wee interested in seeing the movie...

It's hard to come across a female these days that puts herself together the way women did back then. I mean yeah some of my friends get blow outs before a big evening but who do you know (besides your grandmother) that really treats herself like a lady? 
I have one person that comes to mind. ONE. One out of a thousands women that I can think of off the top of my head. Did men respect women more back then? Was there less cheating and more love? Yes I am fully aware what a burlesque club is, but when men were there, were they less perverted and more respectful? Did they leave and love their wives more than they do now-a-days?

All these thoughts give me this overwhelming desire to shave my legs. But I'm sure I wont.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a weekend theme.
    http://kellyoxford.tumblr.com/post/1676270787/womens-lib-ruined-our-fucking-hair

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails