Saturday, January 28, 2012

be free

Deep down inside I've always believed that my mind felt most free by the sea. the air, the water, the endless blues. As a kid I would daydream of summer on the coldest days of winter. I would cry in bedroom with the door locked at the end of August, wishing for just one more day with the sand and salt and those friends that made me everything I wanted to be. I was me. The beach isn't about money or things. It's not about how smart you are or how big your house is. Summer meant peanut butter and jelly sandwiches after swim team practice, ice cream after inverse dives off the board, showers with sand on the ground and red sleepy eyes on the drive home. The beach meant everything to the 11 year old me. The beach means everything to my current self.

I want to be free. I want to be there now.

1 comment:

  1. i read this yesterday before i got in the water, so i caught some waves for you. this post reminds me of that camus quote, "In the depth of winter I finally learned that there was in me an invincible summer."

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails