Wednesday, May 30, 2012

dose of sea






An early morning tweet I read got me thinking: @missambear: "Quitting my 9-5 to pursue my dream job. #yolo #properuseofyolo"

Do you ever think about the life you aren't living? At night do you lay with your eyes wide open and imagine yourself in a place far from where you are, a life opposite from the one you maneuver each day? Do you ever actually consider just quitting and going for it? How often do you close your eyes at the end of the day and think to yourself, "this is exactly where I'm meant to be?" because last night, that was precisely what raced through my mind. Finally. I am where I want to be. Perhaps it's that the month is May, the weather is hot and my city is a mix of filthy energy, gorgeous opportunities and sexy moments just waiting with silent breath. Long walks and a light sky that lasts well past the work hours...

4 comments:

  1. My bf and I were JUST talking about this last night! We both have good jobs, but we're not at all where we really want to be re: work. Thanks for sharing the tweet...it's good to know we're not alone. :)

    loveandmoss.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This being the first post of yours I've read, you now have a reader for the long haul. So inspirational especially since I'm at a crossroads and trying to figure things out so that I can fall asleep at night excited for a new day.
    thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you are so sweet. thank you for reading. hope you enjoy every day.xx

      Delete
  3. I love this. Thanks for stating it so eloquently!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails