Thursday, October 25, 2012

7 day challenge: reduce


I'm going to start incorporating 7 day challenges into my life every month or so.
Last time I did one, cooking a new dish every day, it completely altered the way I live my life. I've been taking to the kitchen endlessly since.

So this next adventure, which I will start on Saturday, is on a whole different scale. I will attempt to go an entire week, 7 full days, with absolutely no waste. In other words: minimize the amount of trash I have down to nothing. Obviously items that can be recycled can be used, but nothing non-reusable whatsoever. Including food.

I'm slightly nervous already.

But the idea is to start teaching Luca how to be more cautious when shopping, using and living day to day. Having a kid includes a lot of trash. We've managed to lessen it severely since the diaper days are over, but little things add up and the worst is when objects that can be recycled get thrown in the trash. I want Luca to be aware already, starting now. It's going to take a lot of planning, being aware of what restaurants use what and how we spend our days out with snacks and drinks...

We shall see!

2 comments:

  1. love your ideas, and your blog :)
    thanks. --tam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blog yang bagus, menarik & sangat manfaat. Makasih ya atas segala info yang diberikan, mohon kesediaannya tukar link dengan newbi ...

    http://kikuta-journal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails