Friday, November 30, 2012

holiday home

The past few nights have been filled with holiday decorating around my home. It started with Luca and I painting ornaments (his color of choice) coral. Not red, coral. Ok, boss.

We were on the ground with 50 ornaments around us, paint everywhere from our clothes to our hair, when I suddenly realized Luca was completely asleep, paintbrush still in hand. Big day for my little Picasso, apparently.



 Luca riding his bike full speed, checking out every tree.



So last night we took to the streets to find the most perfect holiday tree out there. I had this vision of 10 men helping us carry this monstrosity home. I envisioned it being bent at the top from touching the 11 foot ceilings in our home. I imagined neighbors in buildings far away staring at it, wondering what lucky family had such a beautiful tree in their home. What I came home with was a 5 foot, 4 inch tree with multiple bald spots. Don't get me wrong, she's beautiful. But she's tiiiiiiiny. For whatever reason, Luca saw her and it was true love. He had zero interest in anything else, it was her, the one and only, all dolled up in coral, silver and gold. I have to say, I'm pretty stoked to have her around. Her color palette is completely inspiring.

What does your tree look like? Send me pics!

2 comments:

  1. nic, you rock. and so does your tree and your kid.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails