Tuesday, February 12, 2013

beauty day



Right before the summer I got rid of all my non-organic beauty products. I decided I needed to feed my skin the same pureness as I was putting into my mouth. The outcome? A complete disaster.
I found myself at the dermatologist thinking I had some deadly virus from my overseas travels. My skin was blotchy, broken out and pained me to the touch.
I've always had good skin, so this sudden catastrophe made absolutely no sense.

The doctor I went to see called it "rosacea" and suggested I get my blood tested, just in case. All came back perfectly. Sitting in his waiting room for a second time, still broken out, I began to chat with his nurse. She asked what cream I was using. Proudly I told her, an amazing organic brand (which I had spent a small fortune purchasing). She immediately went wide eyed and told me not to see the doctor, instead stop using that particular product immediately. I was the second case THAT DAY with the same reaction to this particular brand.

Click below for more...



Days after I stopped using Tata Harper, my skin cleared up and went back to it's normal state. What I've learned since then is organic products can be a dangerous game. Not all are required to have expiration dates and even if they do, different temperatures can cause the substances to expire before their time. Being that I had been on airplanes, in the hot sunshine, going from uber-cold to scorching hot with my moisturizer in my bag probably wasn't the best idea.
But who would have thought?

Which takes me to Josie Maran's organic products. I was hesitant to try anything else, I wanted so badly to go back to my old faithfuls, but I decided to trust the beauty girls around me and try this Argan Oil, for face, body, hair and nails. It's now been 5 months since my addiction began and my skin is honestly better than ever. It glows, is soft, my fine lines (and trust me I'm getting them) are less, and it smells beyond. This is all without parabens, sulfates, dyes and any synthetic fragrances whatsoever.

Moral of the story? Be careful as to what you use. If your skin reacts oddly, don't chance it. My skin had an actual infection (so vile, I know), which I never would have sorted out had it not clicked in that genius nurse's head while we talked.


3 comments:

  1. I had an awful reaction to Tata Harper products too. The eye cream burned the skin around my eyes to the point I had to use an antiobiotic cream.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had an awful reaction to Tata Harper products too. The eye cream burned the skin around my eyes to the point I had to use an antiobiotic cream.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also had a very very bad reaction to Tata Harper where I had a long term infection in my skin and had to be put on antibiotics and my dermotoloigst suggested I contact the company about it --but no one at Tata offered me any resolution. I do know one person that uses and loves it but I unfortunatlely know many others who have had VERY bad effects from it. The public needs to know. It's dangerous. -kellyT

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails