Monday, February 25, 2013

thoughtless




Watching the Oscars last night made me realize how out of touch I tend to become due to motherhood. I literally haven't been to a movie theatre since I was 7 months pregnant. That was like 4 years ago, can you imagine?
I rarely, if ever, watch tv - Homeland, Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert are my only reasons to touch the on switch. But I fear this is all keeping me from having opinions, I literally had no thoughts on who should win last night. Other than the opinions I formed from reading critiques. So I'm forcing myself to start getting involved, film-wise that is.

Topping my list? Silver Linings Playbook, Amour and

I came across this list of movies and starting this week, I shall watch. I need opinions though, what do you suggest?


2 comments:

  1. "360" with Jude Law, Rachel Weisz and Anthony Hopkins... really nice intimate performances by such big stars, and then sort of the opposite, "Snow White..." with charlize theron. I thought she was really amazing and carried this movie. It wasn't a perfect movie but I think definitely worth seeing if you like this sort of fantasy movie. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was SO anti- Django (I don't mind action and shit getting blown up, but blood and guts, no thanks). Then I saw it and loved it SO SO SO SO SO SO SO much.

    Also, ask Melissa-- Beasts of the Southern Wild is so incredible and beautiful. I was bawling in the theater. Like, shoulders bouncing up and down crying.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails